Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Rocking on My Quilts with the Quilter's Cruise Control

For a long time I resisted checking out the Quilter's Cruise Control because I just didn't think it was necessary. Kathy learned to quilt on her Gammill Classic Longarm frame without one, so why should other people need a stitch regulator?

It came to me that Kathy and other professional machine quilters have hours each day that they can spend quilting. If I had that kind of time to quilt, I could be an accomplished quilter. Unfortunately, I just don't have that luxury with all of my time being divided up between Family, KathyQuilts.com, and riding my bicycle when I get a chance too. Every time I do get to quilt, I have to basically relearn how to quilt. It takes me a while to get my quilting groove on! With the Quilter's Cruise Control, I am able to take my time while getting use to my frame again. My stitches look awesome, I don't feel the pressure of having to move my frame carriage around faster than I want because my Juki is blazing at some uncontrollable speed!

With the Quilter's Cruise Control, I can follow a pantograph pattern as slow as I need to go so that I can have a flowing motion to my quilting. I love how I can slow down when I have a design that has a point or spike that would be so difficult before. I would have to rush to quilt in and back out of the point and invariably mess it up as I came back out of the point. I just find it hard to keep my stitches even when there are sharp angles or points that I am trying to keep crisp and clean looking.

I have been working on doing feathers, and they take some practice. With the Quilter's Cruise Control® Stitch Regulator I can take my time and not feel rushed. The Cruise Control is one of the best things to ever happen to my quilting. I love using my Juki TL 98Q with the GMQ Pro and the Cruise Control, with Quilter's Cruise Control® Remote Switch. Kathy can still quilt circles around me, but I can at least complete a quilt without feeling like a fish out of water.

Happy Quilting!

--Lynn
KathyQuilts.com
Phone 1 888 826-0222
email:
lynn@kathyquilts.com
http://kathyquilts.com "Quilting without limits"

No comments: